So as always there are a million things in tech and well it’s rare that someone knows EVERYTHING. I must connect to a Wireguard VPN from a KALI VM. Should be simple, well actually it was a bit more complicated as I had two errors along the way!Read more “Wireguard Client for Linux on KALI”
If you see a service with TCP port 445 open, then it is probably running SMB. SMB is used for file sharing services. You will also see it related to other protocols in its operation:
Here is a check list of common things to check:
- Can you enumerate the server version?
- Can you enumerate shares?
- What versions of the protocol are enabled?
- Can you connect using anon bind?
- Are there any known vulnerabilities?
- Can you enumerate usernames?
- Is SMB signing enabled?
- Are there other hosts in the subnet that can be used?